There are so many people who are suffering from toenail fungus these days. Toenail fungus can cause nail thickening, discoloration, and nail cracking. This problem generally occurs when fungus gets inside your nails.
What are the causes of toenail fungus?
Toenail fungus occurs when you get in contact with the fungi that cause infection in several ways.
Take a look below to know about the causes of toenail fungus.
- Sharing sweaty shoes and socks.
- Cracks on nails and skin.
- Sharing your personal care items such as nail cutters, soaps, towels, and handkerchiefs.
Anybody can experience toenail infection, but it is the older age group people who are at more risk for this problem.
Some of the other high-risk factors include
- People who don’t have proper blood circulation are more prone to this problem.
- Hot climate can increase the chances of experiencing this infection.
- People with serious health problems like HIV, cancer, and diabetes are also at a greater risk for this problem.
People having this condition may not experience toenail fungus at the beginning. But if the problem worsens, you might experience severe pain. This fungus might also spread to the other fingers. If you observe any of the symptoms of toenail fungus, you must immediately contact a podiatrist. Most podiatrists may recommend laser toenail fungus treatment to treat the toenail fungus.
A lot of people think that laser treatment for toenail fungus is costly. But this isn’t true. Experienced podiatrists like Dr. Sima Soltani offer this treatment at a very reasonable cost, which means you don’t have to worry about anything. Find out which podiatrist is famous in your location for treating the conditions like toenail fungus and read their patient reviews before making their appointment.
People who are not comfortable with taking medications could choose the laser treatment happily. Does this treatment show any side-effects? Is it your question now? Most people do not experience any kind of side-effects post the laser treatment.
However, if you experience any, you must contact a podiatrist to know what could be the reason for the side effects.
As per researchers, laser toenail fungus removal treatment is very safe. Some of the medications used to treat toenail fungus can cause liver and heart problems. In a few cases,
it might show allergic reactions, but most podiatrists recommend you safe treatment.
Is laser toenail fungus treatment painful?
No, laser toenail fungus treatment is not at all painful, which means you need not worry about the pain anymore.
How to prevent toenail fungus?
- Ensure that you wear proper footwear when walking in public areas, especially at the swimming pools where the floor would be wet. When you walk barefoot on the wet floor in public areas, the chances of getting infected with toenail fungus would be very high.
- If you have experienced any foot injury recently, you must keep the injured area clean. It is also important to cover that area properly. Otherwise, you may experience infection.
- Avoid smoking. As smoking can affect your overall health, it is important to quit that habit.
- Pick some breathable and supportive shoes.
- Make it a habit to wash your legs and hands daily after returning to your home, whether it is from your school or college or a supermarket or any other place.
- Avoid using artificial nails and nail polish regularly. The reason for this is they can trap moisture and makes your nails very worse, and this can increase the risk of infection.
- Avoid sharing your personal items such as towels, nail cutters, etc., with others.
- Ensure that you keep your foot dry always.
It might take around 10 to 15mins for the treatment. Most people get rid of this problem in the first sitting itself. If you are planning to take this treatment again, you must wait for at least 30 days. But again, you must discuss it with your podiatrist about it.
Most individual taking the laser treatment feels the difference in their condition immediately. As the laser kills the fungus immediately during the treatment, you will experience the result very quickly.
Another great advantage of choosing laser treatment is anesthesia is not required. Try the toenail fungus laser treatment, to get rid of your toenail fungus within no time!