Do you wish to have a beautiful and sparkly smile? Are you tired of being embarrassed due to tooth discoloration? Worry not! There are two methods by which you can amplify your smile and boost your confidence. These are in-office-based tooth whitening and at-home care.
Our renowned dentist in Northeast Philadelphia offers an extensive never before home teeth whitening system that will whiten teeth dramatically.
The magic behind home teeth whitening system
Teeth whitening is a procedure that involves correcting the color of your stained or discolored teeth according to the shade of your natural teeth.
Having white and sparkling teeth is the most popular aesthetic concern in today’s image-conscious world. People judge you by your appearance, and looking presentable is what every individual desires.
Having discolored teeth can cause social embarrassment, and lack of confidence. However, you can overcome this challenge by whitening or bleaching using customized homecare mouthguards. These are tray-like appliances that are fabricated according to your mouth impression that needs to be worn according to the instructions given by your dentist.
However, it is important to note that teeth whitening is not permanent and you may require touch-up sessions as and when needed.
Teeth whitening becomes necessary owing to the following reasons:
- Fluorosis: Excess fluoridation during tooth development
- Stained teeth due to medications: Drugs like tetracycline increase your risk of tooth discoloration
- Yellow, or brown stain: Mostly caused due to excess consumption of tea, coffee, or wine
- Normal wear of outer tooth layer: The enamel part of the tooth begins to chip off
Let us explore a teeth whitening procedure
This type of tooth bleaching requires two visits.
- When you consult your dentist for teeth whitening, initially your teeth will be evaluated to determine the degree of staining.
- Your dentist will then record your full mouth impression which forms the framework to fabricate custom, clear, plastic trays.
- Your dentist will place the newly fabricated trays to check for the fit and will do the necessary alterations if required.
- The degree of discoloration and the desired level of whitening determines how long these trays need to be used.
- Ideally, the trays should be worn with a special whitening solution twice a day for 30 minutes, or overnight for a couple of weeks.
- You are likely to experience mild sensitivity during the teeth whitening process but will subside gradually.
Teeth whitening helps to enhance your smile and boost your confidence since it corrects teeth discoloration. Currently, most dentists are opting for a homecare teeth bleaching system since they are more convenient. However, visit your dentist regularly to maintain a healthy, beautiful, white smile.